top of page
  • karien846

Conveyancer’s Certificate: Why it is needed and where do I get it?

Before approving plans for the development of a property or for amendment of the use rights associated with a property, a municipality will call for a Conveyancer’s Certificate.

The Conveyancer’s Certificate is prepared by a conveyancer. A conveyancer is an admitted attorney who also passed the conveyancing admission examination. The certificate advises the property owner and the municipality on the existence of conditions relating to the property which may restrict or prohibit the envisaged development or use change. The municipality will in turn confirm whether the application submitted contravenes any title deed restrictions and if so, whether it is necessary for those title conditions to be removed or relaxed if permitted.

Inaccuracies in the Conveyancer’s Certificate can lead to extensive delays in the municipal approval process or to hefty fines for land use contraventions. Kaplan Blumberg is your property specialist firm of attorneys and has dedicated teams who attend to the issuing of such certificates.

Contact our professionals on 041 363 6044 or for sound legal advice.

310 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



This article is not intended to constitute legal advice and is produced for information purposes only and to provide a general understanding of the legal position relating to the topic. It is recommended that advice relating to the specific circumstances of your situation be sought from our attorneys before acting upon the content of this article. This article was written at a particular point in time and accordingly may not always reflect the most recent legal developments, if any, applicable to the relevant topic. Kaplan Blumberg and its partners and/or employees, are not responsible for any consequences which may follow upon any decision taken to act upon the information provided in this article.

bottom of page